Items of Value
Learn what “Items of Value” are to your audience that will help them know, like and trust you before you ever meet them.
When to use
Positioning yourself as an expert in your industry by sharing items of value can help you build a relationship with prospects before you even try to sell them something.
Establish yourself and your business as experts in your industry.
Expert topics for items of value can be:
- How to XYZ
- Current state of industry
- History of your market
- Introducing the future of industry
Create informational content such as guides, news pieces, and best practices.
- Create content with information that your prospects want to hear about.
- Not old school way of “here’s something new – buy it”.
- New school way is to build trust, respect and rapport before asking prospect to purchase.
- Not trying to sell straight away – fulfilling a need by resolving challenges with your solutions.
- Content can be whitepaper, blog posts, videos, ebooks, podcasts – best practices in industry, tips in your market, step by step guide.
- Use your website, blog, or social networks to present and share your content.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.