Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
In this lesson we look at the importance of blogs and how to use them to get results.
When to use
Blog posts on topics relevant to your market or industry that incorporate popular keywords can help your ideal client find you online.
Offer item of value to prospects, clients
- Written content, embed videos or podcasts.
- Establish yourself as a market leader, expert in your industry
Blog integrated on your website or not
- Could be integrated on website alongside homepage, products/service page, contact page
- Doesn’t have to sit on your website – can be separate e.g. Wordpress, Tumblr
Write about topics relevant to your market or industry.
- Things of interest, currents events, unique perspective.
- What is on the mind of your ideal client, what are they interested in?
- e.g. a real estate agent could write about current home prices, interest rates, etc, which is topical and of interest to their ideal clients. This information is important to someone anting to sell/buy a house.
- Gives the impression you are an expert in your industry.
Google News alerts
- Pick a particular subject, and receive an email when there are relevant articles
- Use this as the basis for a blog post, either sharing the link or writing an article summary
Make sure to use keywords for search engines to find and links to items of value.
- SEO = Search Engine Optimization
- SEO keywords are key words and phrases in your content that help people find your blog or website through search engines.
For example, if you are a wedding planner, and you often get asked how to choose the right DJ for a wedding, do a blog post on this topic.
- Call it “how to choose a DJ for your wedding”
- Highlight key words and add a hyperlink to your product or service, or shopping cart
- e.g. add a link to the words “wedding DJ” that goes to your website’s DJ services page.
- Google knows people are searching the terms “how to find a DJ”. They see your blog post features these key words, and the links are relevant. This helps push you up in the search rankings so that people can find your blog post.
- Your ideal client may come across your blog post through search or sharing, and contact you for their wedding.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.