Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
Social Media Ads
Discover how to separate your business social media from your personal social media and how to use it to attract more customers.
When to use
Paid social media ads can help you attract your ideal clients and expose them to your brand more than once through retargeting.
In addition to your social media posts, you can also do paid ads. You can choose for your ad to appear when your ideal customer is browsing Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter. You can also do the same for Google ads, which will appear when people search for similar keywords on Google.
- Easy to use and track, and easy to target people.
- Dashboard with information about how many people saw your ad, clicked on your ad, viewed your video, how many people purchased.
- On Facebook you can target people who follow similar people or businesses to your company, e.g. if you have a haircare company, you can target people who follow your competitors, because you know they are your ideal clients.
- Low barrier to entry, and inexpensive.
- You can set a budget that works for you.
- Requires lots of experimenting and needs solid demographics.
- Takes trial and error to find an ad that performs
Re-targeting available – follows visitors to other sites and places your ad.
- A visitor sees your ad on Facebook, clicks on it, and then closes out. What is called a “cookie” is stored temporarily for that visitor. They visit another page on Facebook later on, and will see your ad again.
- Retargeting exposes your brand to customers so they will remember it
- If they were on the fence about purchasing, the reminder by retargeting may push them to buy
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.