Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
Learn how to properly track your marketing efforts.
When to use
Always track your marketing efforts to get an accurate picture of your return on investment (ROI) and use the information to make intelligent marketing decisions.
Track the success and return on investment (ROI) of your marketing efforts
Use analytics tools to review data like views and clicks.
- Google analytics
- Website analytics
- Social media analytics (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
Use the information to calculate your ROI and make intelligent marketing decisions
- Analytics will help you understand what is working, and what isn’t working in your marketing.
- If you spend $100 on marketing, and you make $100 back you break even. You can see that you are on the right track, and think about what you could adjust to be more successful.
If you spend $100 on marketing and you make $0 dollars back, you are losing money. You know you need to tweak something in your ad campaign to be more successful.
Evaluate effectiveness with conversion rate – views vs clicks vs purchases.
- How many people viewed vs how many people clicked through vs how many people bought product (or followed the CTA you gave).
Track print, podcasts or videos using a call to action with separate phone numbers or web addresses for each.
- E.g. use a specific phone number for your radio campaign, a different phone number for your postcard campaign. Then you know the postcard was sent to X number of people, and you received X number of phone calls.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.