About this lesson
When the team you are leading comes together to attack challenges the likelihood of them overcoming that challenge goes up. Morale and teamwork also improves.
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Attack The Challenge Together.docx
199.5 KB Attack The Challenge Together - Solution.docx
Attack the Challenge Together
Anything worth having in business and life comes with challenges. You will learn how to overcome challenges and the strategies to overcome them. The first step for overcoming the challenge is to assess where you are. The second step is attacking the challenge together.
When to use
Whenever you are trying to overcome challenges you must come together with your team to attack the challenge together.
Coming together with your team, employees and staff to overcome the challenge together is a key strategy. This is the collaborative style of leadership. Regardless of your leadership style, in these situations you want to come together and collaborate. Your team will help you overcome your challenges.
- Make it ok for your team to fail.
- There is no success without failure.
- When you look at the companies that are at the top of their game, they have failed multiple times.
- You will have ups and downs and you need to learn from your failures.
- If you don’t make it ok for your team to fail, it will stifle their creativity and your team won’t take risks.
- Allow your team to contribute so they can take ownership of overcoming that challenge.
- This will get your team motivated.
- Your team can come up with solutions that you may not have even thought of.
- Don’t point blame.
- Make everyone responsible for successes or for failures.
Example: In 2001, the corporate parties came to a stand still. As an owner of an event planning company, this was a challenge. Our team came together and we decided to change our strategy. We took the same clients and started doing high end weddings. So, when the corporate parties eventually came back we had doubled our revenue.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.