About this lesson
Tips on sending, receiving and saving attachments.
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Handling Attachments.docx
Attachments are a reality with emails. Learn how to quickly handle them with this lesson.
When to use
When an attachment is required, either sending or receiving, being able to quickly view and save the file is easily handled.
Sending an Attachment:
- Click the paperclip button on the Message ribbon:
- Choose from the “Recent Items” list, or at the bottom of the list click “Browse this PC”
- You will see a confirmation of the attachment on the email screen:
Tip: If your document is on your desktop, simply click and drag it into the message window and it will attach automatically.
Receive and Preview an Attachment:
- If an email arrives with an attachment, a paperclip will be on the message:
- You can click the attachment name in the inbox and a “preview” of the attachment will show up in the message window. (This is to give you an idea of what you are opening; a virus protection feature.)
Saving / Opening an attachment:
- Right click the Attachment and choose “open” or “save as”
Tip: If your desktop is in view, simply click and drag the attachment from the email screen and onto the desktop.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.