Contact Folders and Groups
Keep your contacts organized by using multiple Folders and Groups.
When to use
If you find yourself digging through contacts just to find some for a specific topic, possibly a neighbourhood group, you can create a folder for just that topic and keep those specific contacts in that folder.
Create a new folder
- Click on your Contacts or People view.
- Click the Folder ribbon and click the New Folder button, then type a name for the folder, i.e. Holiday Cards.
- Notice the new folder appears on the Folder Pane.
Note: A right click on Contacts will produce the same options as the Folder ribbon.
- Moving Contacts to a Folder: pay attention to the lasso on the mouse arrow.
- To move: click and drag a contact onto a folder (lasso on mouse.)
- To copy: Hold Ctrl key and click and drag a contact to a folder (lasso and “+” on mouse.)
Create a new folder group
- On the group folder named “My Contacts”.
- Right-click and choose “New Folder Group”.
- Type a name and press enter.
- The new Group Folder won’t have useable folders until you make some and move them into the group (repeat steps for making folders above.)
- Simply click and drag folders onto the new group folder. Then the collapsible arrows will appear.
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.