Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
Contact Folders and Groups
Keep your contacts organized by using multiple Folders and Groups.
When to use
If you find yourself digging through contacts just to find some for a specific topic, possibly a neighbourhood group, you can create a folder for just that topic and keep those specific contacts in that folder.
Create a new folder
- Click on your Contacts or People view.
- Click the Folder ribbon and click the New Folder button, then type a name for the folder, i.e. Holiday Cards.
- Notice the new folder appears on the Folder Pane.
Note: A right click on Contacts will produce the same options as the Folder ribbon.
- Moving Contacts to a Folder: pay attention to the lasso on the mouse arrow.
- To move: click and drag a contact onto a folder (lasso on mouse.)
- To copy: Hold Ctrl key and click and drag a contact to a folder (lasso and “+” on mouse.)
Create a new folder group
- On the group folder named “My Contacts”.
- Right-click and choose “New Folder Group”.
- Type a name and press enter.
- The new Group Folder won’t have useable folders until you make some and move them into the group (repeat steps for making folders above.)
- Simply click and drag folders onto the new group folder. Then the collapsible arrows will appear.
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.