Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Tasks can be assigned to an assistant or co-worker via email, and an automated response keeps you updated on the status. Also customize your Task view pane by adding column headers.
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Assign Tasks, Add Column Headers.docx
Assign Tasks, Add Column Headers
Tasks can be assigned to an assistant or co-worker via email, and an automated response keeps you updated to the status.
When to use
An assigned task is an automated feature of pure electronic communication. It begins with an email assignment, acceptance by the other person, and then an automated notification process updating you of the status.
Instructions to Assign Tasks:
- Create a New Task and click “Assign Task”
- The task screen becomes an email. Enter an email address and then click Send:
- The Task arrives in the recipient’s inbox with a Task icon:
They will either Accept or Decline the Task:
Instructions to Add Columns to the Task View:
To keep track of vital information, such as “Assigned To” or “Completed Date”
- In the Task View, choose “View” Ribbon ,
click “Add Columns”
- Select “Assigned To” and “Date Completed”
click “Add” and Move Up
New Column Headers:
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.