Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
Identify Parts of Pre Made Template
Knowing the parts of a publication document is vital to begin building one from scratch.
When to use
Every time you use Publisher, you will begin to quickly recognize the parts and elements by first viewing this lesson.
Begin by opening the corresponding Exercise File with this lesson, or go to File, New and find the “Business Newsletter” called Trader News.
The “File Ribbon” , New has many pre-made publications available and free for your personal or business use.
- When you click on the headline “Trader News”, notice 2 new ribbons appear. These identify the headline as a Text Box and provide new tools for formatting.
- Click onto the black bar, near the date on the right side. Notice the handles don’t wrap around the full bar. It is basically 2 bars side-by-side. The clue is the handles on the shape:
- Click the picture of the office chair at the bottom of page 1 and notice the new ribbon:
Tips shared in Video Lesson:
- Looking for a color theme? Identify a prominent color in a photo (used in your publication) and bring that color into Fonts or Fill colors of text boxes.
- Avoid “Boxing In” the sections. It blocks the visual gaze of the reader.
- Add a “Pull Quote” to catch your readers’ attention on an interesting point of text. A Pull Quote is simply a text box with larger font that highlights a small statement of text within the newsletter.
- “Ctrl + Scroll” is faster than pointing to the bottom right zoom controls. Zoom in or out quickly by holding down CTRL and scroll with your mouse wheel.
- To un-do anything, simply press “Ctrl + Z”, or click the un-do button on the Quick Access bar:
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.