Pictures - Placeholders
A Placeholder is an empty picture frame that reserves the space and allows you to insert the picture later. Alignment tools will help you center the picture.
When to use
Pictures can be inserted right away or at a later date. But you can continue with your project while waiting for the pictures by using the Placeholders (empty picture frames) to hold their spots.
Begin by opening the corresponding Exercise File with this lesson, or go to File, New and find the “Business Newsletter” called Trader News. Use Page 4 for this lesson.
- Click the View Ribbon, turn on “Boundaries” and Graphics Manager
- Scroll to Page 4 of the template and Insert 3 Picture Placeholders.
- Move (click and drag) the placeholders to spread them out horizontally.
- Insert the “Office Lobby” picture into a placeholder frame. Then repeat with other pictures in the remaining 2 placeholders.
- FIT the picture to the frame.
- CROP features on toolbar:
- “Ctrl + Scroll” to zoom in is faster than pointing to the bottom right zoom controls. Zoom in or out quickly by holding down CTRL and scroll with your mouse wheel.
- To un-do anything, simply press “Ctrl + Z”, or click the un-do button on the Quick Access bar:
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.