About this lesson
Creative Commons License is a copyright-free picture license.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Pictures - Find online, Copyright-free.docx
Pictures - Find online, Copyright-free
Pictures with the Creative Commons License are free to use in your personal or professional marketing publications.
When to use
You do not want to be accused of infringing on someone else’s photo ownership if you do not have your own original photo to use. Instead, find images online with the Creative Commons License, which makes the picture available for your use, copyright-free.
- On any publication page, Insert a Picture Placeholder.
- Resize the placeholder if necessary and click the center icon to access the Bing Image Search.
- Type your Search phrase, i.e.: Blue Flower, and press Enter or click the tiny magnifying glass to begin the search.
- Notice the top of the search box shows a Creative Commons Only which filters the results for “Creative Commons” licensed photos and cliparts.
- Click the filter icon for more options:
- Select the photo of your choice and click Insert on the bottom right of the dialog box
- If you want a wider selection, go to Bing.com online, click Images, type your Search phrase, i.e.: Blue Flower, and press Enter.
- Click the Filter, then the Licence button and choose Free to share and use commercially or any other selection – except for All which includes copyright protected images.
To save an online copyright-free image to your computer:
- Right-click the image.
- Select “Save Picture As”.
- Find a location in your computer files.
- Click Save.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.