Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Use the Publisher guides and rulers to control the placement of your shapes.
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Shapes, Control Placement.pub
Shapes, Control Placement
Move shapes into their exact positions by using Layout Guides, Zoom Control, Rulers and Nudge.
When to use
Layout guides are useful in any publication; Zoom Control works in all Microsoft programs; Rulers can be repositioned, and Nudge (with the arrow keys on your keyboard) are masterful in moving a shape.
Helpful Hints to Align Shapes:
- Turn on Layout Guides
a. Click the View Ribbon ,
- Click the Page Design ribbon , Guides
- Choose a ruler guide: As shapes align to the guide, that “line” will brighten.
2. Use “Nudge” (the arrow keys)
3. Zoom in (Ctrl + mouse wheel) or use bottom right of screen:
4. Collapse ribbons for more viewing area (double click any ribbon tab)
5. Move the Rulers into your work area and add more Guidelines as necessary
6. Use a “Straight Edge” line to help align shapes if necessary.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.