Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Prepare your work area by setting up the tools you’ll need most often.
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Quick Access ToolBar.docx
Quick Access Toolbar
The Quick Access Toolbar contains your most used and favorite tools, saving you future time in finding them in the ribbons.
When to use
Setting up the Quick Access Bar is a productive way to have your most-used tools ready from the beginning. Once it is set up, it stays in place and you will soon rely on the easy accessibility to all your favorite buttons.
Customize the Quick Access Bar (initially located above the FILE ribbon)
- Click the dropdown arrow on the right side of the Quick Access Bar and select “Show Quick Access Toolbar Below the Ribbon”
- Add checkmarks to each of the first set of items (see photo >>>)
- Click the drop down again and choose “More Commands”
- Find “Save As” in the list and Double Click it to add to the list of buttons on the right column.
- Rearrange the buttons by clicking the move-up and move-down arrows on the right side
- Tip: As you find buttons on the ribbons that you’d like on the Quick Access bar, just Right Click the button and select “Add to Quick Access bar”
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.