Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Set up the vital buttons you use most to make your work easier.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download the Word document used in the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Quick Access Toolbar.docx
The Quick Access Toolbar (QAT)
Set up the vital buttons to make your work easier.
When to use
Customizing the QAT allows quick access to your most used commands.
Customize the QAT (located above the FILE ribbon)
- Click the dropdown arrow on the right side of the QAT.
- Add checkmarks to each item listed (see photo below).
- Click the last item on the list to "Show Below the Ribbon".
Right-click the QAT and select “Show Quick Access Toolbar Below the Ribbon”.
Further customize the QAT
- Click the drop down again and choose “More Commands”.
- Find “Save As” in the left-hand list and Click it;
then click "Add>>" so it lands on the right-hand list of buttons.
- Rearrange the buttons by clicking the move-up and move-down arrows on the right side.
- Tip: As you find new buttons on the ribbons that you’d like to add,
just Right Click the button and select “Add to Quick Access Toolbar”.
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.