About this lesson
Set up the vital buttons you use most to make your work easier.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download the Word document used in the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Quick Access Toolbar.docx
The Quick Access Toolbar
Set up the vital buttons to make your work easier.
When to use
Customizing the Quick Access Toolbar allows you to access your most used commands all in one place
- Customize the Quick Access Toolbar
(located above the FILE ribbon)
- First, right click the Quick Access toolbar and select “Show Quick Access Toolbar Below the Ribbon”
- Then Click the dropdown arrow on the right side of the Quick Access Bar
- Add checkmarks to each of the first set of items (see photo >>>)
- Click the drop down again and choose “More Commands”
- Find “Save As” in the list and Double Click it to add to the list of buttons on the right column.
- Rearrange the buttons by clicking the move-up and move-down arrows on the right side
- Tip: As you find buttons on the ribbons that you’d like on the Quick Access bar, just Right Click the button and select “Add to Quick Access bar”
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.