About this lesson
Quickly force a new page at the location you specify, and/or add a blank page as well.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download the Word document used in the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Inserting Page Breaks and Blank Pages.docx
Inserting Page Breaks and Blank Pages
How to control page breaks and add blank pages.
When to use
Inserting a new page, a blank page or breaking to a new page is a simple process, but can be slightly intimidating. Using the Page Break feature is the ideal way to control it.
Note: It is a good practice to View, Navigation Pane.
This allows you to observe the pages on the left panel.
1. Using the exercise file, click behind the first line of text: "Page 1".
2. On the INSERT ribbon, Pages group, click “Page Break”.
The Navigation Pane shows two pages.
3. Click behind the line of text: "Page 2".
4. On the keyboard, press Ctrl Enter (or Ctrl Return).
The Navigation Pane shows three pages.
5. Click behind the line of text: "Page 3".
6. You choose which method to use: the Insert Ribbon
or the keyboard Ctrl Enter.
The Navigation Pane shows four pages.
7. Scroll to Page 2, and click behind the line of text: "Page 2".
8. On the INSERT ribbon, Pages group, click “Blank Page”.
The Navigation Pane shows five total pages, with a blank page as Page 3.Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.