Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
This module covers how to publish your data into the Power BI service, explores the feature parity between desktop and cloud, and covers how to update your data in the service.
Download this lesson’s exercise file. You can download source data files for the course from the resources section of your Lessons page.Publishing to the Power BI service.pbix
Publishing to the Power BI service
Publishing reports to the Power BI web service.
When to use
Use when you want to publish a new report, or update an existing report with refreshed data.
To publish your report to the Power BI service:
- Ensure that you are signed in to your Power BI account in Power BI Desktop
- Save the Power BI project
- Go to Home --> Publish
- Choose your workspace (if prompted)
- Wait for the publishing to complete
At this point you can log in to PowerBI.com via either of the following methods:
- Click the link in the confirmation dialog. This will take you to the login page, then directly to your report
- Go to PowerBI.com and log in. You will need to navigate to your report
Hints & tips
- Re-publishing will update your data set
- Re-publishing will also overwrite any previous reports to update them
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.