About this lesson
Working with Q&A
Using Q&A to ask the database for information.
When to use
When you want to query the data set using English. (Or when you forgot to include a visual, you can tell your boss to just “ask the system”.).
To use Q&A:
- Open a dashboard in PowerBI.com
- Click inside the box that says “Ask a question about your data”
- Type your question
Adding “English” or “Industry” terms to your data
- Go to Power BI Desktop
- Select Relationship view (on the left)
- Select your table
- Go to Modeling --> Synonyms
- Enter alternative terms for your data fields
- Save your project
- Re-publish to PowerBI.com
Hints & tips
- Known terms show up below the Q&A question area
- Visuals generated by Q&A can be pinned to a dashboard by clicking the pin icon
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.