Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Also known as "breakdown trees", this visual can show interesting statistics about the makeup of your data sets.
Working with Treeview visuals in Power BI.
When to use
Treeview visuals (also known as Breakdown Trees) are useful for showing the breakdown of your data.
- Drag your primary measure into the Values area (it will show up as a full square).
- Drag your descriptive Field into the Group area. The square will now subdivide to show the group as a proportion of your measure.
- Add a field to the Details area and your square will be further subdivided to show how each main square is built up.
- Color saturation and tooltips can also be configured.
- Dragging multiple fields into the Group area will activate Drill Down
- Fields can be used on both the Details and in the Group area
- Dragging multiple fields into the Value area will further subdivide the data
- Visual formatting can be done via the fields under the paint roller in the Visualizations area
Hints & tips
Common Modifications for Treeview visuals
- Provide a custom title
- Turn on Data Labels
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.