Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Just like an actor, make objects enter the stage, exit, move around the stage and maybe even gain the attention of your audience in the correct way.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Basic Animation Types
Basic Animation Types: Entrance, Emphasis, and Exit Animations.
When to use
When animating a presentation.
- To select more than one object: Hold down the Ctrl key, click each image to select and then animate all of these objects together.
- Click an animation icon in the Animation gallery to apply that animation to one or more selected objects.
- Clicking again on an animation icon in the Animation gallery will change the current animation on any selected object.
- If an object is already animated, click Add Animation to add an animation.
- Most animation types include Effect Options.
- Timing options include On Click, With Previous and After Previous.
- The duration of an animation can be changed, as can the timing delay.
- Animation timeline indicators in the Animation Pane can be used as sliders to move the animation.
- Click the start or finish of an animation entry in the timeline to change the start or finish time of that animation.
- Right-click an entry in the animation timeline for other effect or timing options.
- Options can be changed for multiple animations by selecting all of the appropriate animations in the timeline together. To do this:
- Hold down the Ctrl key and use the pointer to select animation entries that are not side-by-side.
- Use the pointer to select one animation entry, hold down the Shift key and select another entry: all animation entries between the first and last selection will be selected.
Renaming an object in the Selection and Visibility pane will rename that object in the animation timeline. Do this to reduce confusion when working with a complex series of animation entries in the Animation Pane.Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.