About this lesson
Group your slides into common concepts or thoughts to help build your storyline, as well is quickly move all of the slides within that group to a new area of your presentation.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Grouping slides with sections.
When to use
To consolidate slides into groups of ideas supporting your storyboard.
- To insert a section, click anywhere in the Slides Pane or Slide Sorter View:
- On the Home tab, in the Slides group, click the Section button.
- On or between slides right click and select the menu item Add Section.
- To rename a Section, select the Section header and:
- Right-click and select the Rename Section option, or
- Press F2 on the keyboard.
- To add new slides within a Section simply add the new slide under the Section name.
- Slides can be dragged from within one Section into another Section with the pointer.
- An entire Section can be moved by dragging the section title with the pointer and dropping at a new location.
- A collapsed Section can be expanded by double-clicking the Section title or right-clicking the Section title and selecting Expand All.
- And expanded Section can be collapsed by double-clicking the Section title or right-clicking the Section title and selecting Collapse All.
- The section can be deleted by selecting the Section title with the pointer and pressing the Delete key, or right-clicking the Section title and selecting Remove Section. The slides won’t be deleted.
- To delete a section on all slides within it right-click the selection title and select Remove Section & Slides.
Sections allow multiple people to work on a part of a presentation within a Section. Selecting the Section title also selects all slides within that Section.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.