Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Using more advanced elements like shortcuts, inbox and more to optimize your Evernote efforts.
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Maximizing Your Evernote Use - Task.docx
203.5 KB Maximizing Your Evernote Use - Solution.docx
Maximizing Your Evernote Use
Taking full advantage of your Evernote account will let you make the most of your time. Most of the best productivity apps allow you even more, as you add more content to the system, providing a constant improvement of your experience. In this lesson, we discuss how to move forward with your Evernote account. If you're someone who tends to avoid going more advanced with your application, don't fret, this session will provide you with a strong starting point and dig deeper into the features of Evernote, without the intensity of some courses on advanced tools.
When to use
- Use this when you are looking to take your Evernote use to the next level, from beginner to intermediate
- For those who feel they miss out on Evernote's range of features
Set up Inbox
- Create a new notebook called “INBOX”
- Set this up as your default notebook in the notebook settings
Add a new note via Email
- Go to Settings > Account > Evernote Email
- Save this email address to your contacts on your email client
- Send an example email to this custom email address
- Open the email inside of this notebook
Create your first Reminder
- Create a new time-orientated note – eg. Meeting agenda, booking…
- Assign a reminder date to this
- Go to the notebook view, see the reminder pinned to the top of notebook
Hints & tips
- Remember creating the inbox is a great way to get started with Evernote
- You can continually grow your knowledge and insight into Evernote
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.