About this lesson
Planning an event using Trello's features and functions.
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Planning an Event - Task.docx
Planning an Event in Trello
We all get involved in some form of event planning in our lives. Whether it's a wedding, birthday party or a promotion event for your friends and family, planning can take hours, but keeping organized saves you huge amounts of time during the whole process. Using Trello can be a massive time-saver. This is an overview on how to use Trello as an event planner.
This is one of the most popular uses for Trello.
When to use
- If you are planning a professional event or a work-do
- If you are planning a personal event: wedding, birthdays, regular meet-ups
- Choose an event to organize in your Trello board
- Create a new Trello board for the event
- Activate the Power-Up option for Calendar inside of Trello
- Begin adding cards to the lists inside of the board
- Add due-dates, members, attachmentsa and lables to cards
- Drag cards accross to other lists
- Find the board link to share the board
- Follow the exercise to further analyze your efforts, as you begin to plan
Hints & tips
- Remember to take into account all of the event details using the powerful card features inside of Trello
- Trello Calendar is a very powerful function to help visualize to-dos and activities
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.