Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Creating new tasks, assigning them and processing your inbox.
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Adding Tasks to the Todoist Inbox - Task.docx
203.8 KB Adding Tasks to the Todoist Inbox - Solution.docx
Adding Tasks to the Todoist Inbox
Starting your journey by adding tasks to an inbox is the perfect next stage, adding tasks is easy inside of Todoist. The inbox will be a hub for your incoming tasks and activities and help you avoid distractions, take control and provide you with a space to organize all of your future plans and activities. In order to get things done across your day, clipping idieas and using the inbox are practical ways to save time and effort. Once mastered you can gain a lot of time back when it comes to processing tasks and the Todoist inbox is a great location for those.
When to use
- Getting started with Todoist to understand functionality of the inbox feature
- Select the "Inbox" in Todoist
- Add all your uncompleted tasks
- Use the Trigger Sheet to assist (see below)
- Drag and move tasks in Inbox to the respective project folders
- Drop items into Todoist as you go across your day
- Process the inbox once or twice a day
- Add projects, labels, reminders, priorities and comments if needed
- Add links, images, files and more to a task
- Sort by date, priority, name or person responsible
- You can also email in tasks
What is a Trigger Sheet?
A Trigger sheet is a set of actions, covering all aspects of your life to assist the open loop process.
This will assist you in bringing together all of your incomplete tasks to add to Todoist.
Use the Trigger List from GTD to assist you, this can be found here.
Hints & tips
- Use the triggers sheet as best as you can to clear all things from your head
- Clear your brain of to-dos and items on a regular basis, weekly works well
- Explore new ways to keep your head clear and brain in the doing mode
- Learn Todoist keyboard short-cuts to work even faster inside the app.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.