Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
Taking full advantage of what Todoist offers is so important. With filters, you can sort your tasks in a very customized way.
A query can be created from a number of factors:
- Due date
- Priority level
- Project and sub-projects
- Date task was created
- Assigned to
A filter query connects these elements with an & sign. For example: "p1 & @proactive & today" (priority level, label, due date).
When to use
- When you are looking to go from beginner to intermediate at Todoist usage
- Create a new task and add context points to the task (labels, dates, priority)
- Go to filters, create a new filter
- Add the parameters of the filter query (labels, dates, priority and more)
- Select to sort your tasks by your new filter
- If the task appears that you created, you've been successful
- If the task doesn't appear, you might need to re-create the task or filter
- Filters take time to set-up but provide a funnel for your tasks
Hints & tips
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.