About this lesson
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Permission Settings.docx
Learn what each permission setting does and how to adjust for different member levels.
When to use
To learn how different permission settings affect a board. To understand how to change permission settings based on your board's needs.
Menu > More > Settings
Card Cover Images Enabled
This setting determines if images attached to a card will also be displayed as the card cover image by default.
You can change who is allowed to comment on the cards:
- Disabled - no one is allowed to comment.
- Members - Allow admins and normal members to comment. This is the default comment setting.
- Members and Observers - Allow admins, normal members, and observers to comment.
- Team members - Allow admins, normal members, observers, and team members to comment.
- Public members - Allow any Trello member to comment. This option is only available if the board is set to public.
You can change who is allowed to add members to the board:
- Admins - Allow only board admins to add and invite others.
- All Members - Allow members and board admins to add and invite others. This is the default setting.
Allow Team Members to Join
If a board belongs to a team, you can enable this setting. This will allow any team member to join the board without being invited. This setting will only be available if the board belongs to a team and the board is not private.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.