Take your skills to the next level
Start learning from hundreds of business video tutorialsStart free trial
Many of the world’s most accomplished individuals share their struggles, successes, and strategies through books, podcasts, and blogs. There’s no better time than the present to start learning and benefiting from their real-world insight. Besides, you can only get better at the things you care about by proactively taking steps to improve your skills, personality, and behavior.
The opposite is just as true. If we allow only external factors to dictate how we make decisions and spend our time, we risk losing our sense of purpose. When that happens, finding meaning at what we do and achieving our potential become much more difficult.
So take back control of your own story.
Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.
— Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
Conquer 2020 with the right mindset and attitude. Proactively learn the skills, hacks, and tactics that will enable you to overcome challenges, discover new opportunities, and be amazing at work, at home, and at play.
Doing so is far from easy, but there are resources you can draw inspiration and insight from. Readily accessible online, productivity and self-improvement blogs can help you gain the knowledge you need to design a healthy, happy, and successful future.
The trouble is, there are millions of blogs on the internet. Fortunately, we did the homework for you and built this meticulously curated shortlist. Based on quality, track record, and practicality, here are the best productivity blogs we think can help you find the right path towards productivity, wellness, and fulfillment in 2020.
Want more productivity tips?
Take your productivity to the next level with our comprehensive (and free) ebook!
99U enables creatives to get more things done better. Backed by Adobe’s community, support apparatus, and thought leadership, this resource site provides stories, guides, tips, events, and experiences that help elevate the achievements of creative professionals and advance their careers.
- Ten Human Skills for the Future of Work
- A Neuroscientist Shares 5 Ways to Hack Productivity
- Working From Home: A Beginner’s Guide
Not all forms of addiction will hurt you. This blog helps you discover, build, and get addicted to all the right habits for achieving success in your life, career, and business. Founded in 2011 by entrepreneur, author, and motivational speaker Joel Brown, Addicted2Success is a multi-awarded resource designed to help you break new ground while helping others win their own battles.
- Why It’s So Important To Break Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- (Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
Contrary to how it sounds, this blog is for anyone who wants to be more efficient and productive at work — not just Asians. Discover surprising tips and tactics that enable you to complete tasks better, faster, and smarter.
Clutter happens when technology meets consumerism. Left to our own tendency to acquire things we don’t really need, life becomes tethered to the things we own, making it complicated and miserable. When it’s time to simplify, here’s a blog that can help you unclutter and find real freedom.
Must-Read Post: Declutter Your Life: Quotes that Will Help You Let Go
Bestselling author and organizational psychologist Benjamin Hardy helps people find the sweet spot that links their career, lifestyle, passion, and purpose. His mind-opening and action-inducing articles have been read more than a million times by thousands of people who want to become better versions of themselves.
- Why Most People Never Get What They Want
- The Only Thing Powerful Enough To Overcome Everything Holding You Back
This blog compels you to explore the universe, discover beauty, and celebrate life. Written by culture writer Maria Popova, this site is a unique gem that stands in stark contrast to what you normally find online. Each finely crafted article probes the crosscurrents of art, history, science, and literature to share delightful insight packed with nuggets of meaning and inspiration.
- 13 Life-Learnings from 13 Years of Brain Pickings
- How Kepler Invented Science Fiction and Defended His Mother in a Witchcraft Trial While Revolutionizing Our Understanding of the Universe
- The Science of Stress and How Our Emotions Affect Our Susceptibility to Burnout and Disease
Being great at work is just half the battle. You still need to win at life in general. Fortunately, this blog offers practical tips, motivation, and sage advice on issues and challenges that people commonly encounter in their journey through life. Whether the problem is big or small, Dumb Little Man is a great place to find an actionable solution.
Co-owned and helmed by serial entrepreneur Craig Ballantyne, Early To Rise is an online resource for people looking to supercharge their careers, businesses, and personal development. The site provides advice, strategies, and programs on wealth building, self-improvement, and holistic wellness.
- 7 Habits Millionaires Have (That You Don’t)
- 5 Insanely Actionable Tips to Increase Your Revenue by 20% (in 20-minutes or less)
While this resource primarily uses podcasts to articulate its message, it also provides awesome and useful content through its blog. EOF or Fire Nation is led by a married couple who shares business insight, financial tips, and personal advice through conversations with hyper-successful personalities and industry leaders.
- There are no right or wrong answers when it comes to decision making
- How to build a strong connection with your audience
Goalcast produces videos, articles, and other materials to share personal development tips, practical advice, and impactful motivation to millions of people around the world. Bookmark the site if you are looking to build your brand, improve your personality, or find solutions to common challenges.
- World’s Oldest Couple Reveals the Secrets to Their 80-Year Marriage
- Man Loses Over 100 Pounds By Making One Simple, But Radical Change
The GoSkills blog has a lot of helpful resources for learning new skills and being more productive. Check out the Office Productivity category for practical tips and recommendations for the best tools to supercharge your productivity. The Project Management, Excel, Microsoft Office and Soft Skills categories are also applicable across a wide range of jobs and industries, featuring time-saving step by step tutorials, keyboard shortcuts, career advice, interview hacks, and much more.
- 33 Best Productivity Tools We Can’t Live Without in 2020
- 200 Best Excel Shortcuts for Windows and Mac
Author, entrepreneur, and personal finance advisor Ramit Sethi runs this blog, which he launched following the success of his New York Times bestseller I Will Teach You to Be Rich. As the title suggests, the book and the blog focuses on wealth creation and management. In addition to helping you achieve financial freedom, the blog also provides advice on career and personal development.
- The Ultimate Guide to Making Money
- The Ultimate Guide to Social Skills: The Art of Talking to Anyone
- How to get out of debt fast (…even if you’re dead broke)
- How to stop being lazy (6 hacks to end laziness FOREVER)
Popular among millennial entrepreneurs, this resource site curates the mindset, lifestyle, and tactics of successful and influential personalities in various fields. Check out Influencive’s actionable posts on self development and common life-hacks to bring you from Point A to B.
- 15 Excellent Habits to Improve Verbal Communication
- 13 Marketing Experts Share Marketing Predictions for 2020
14. James Clear
James Clear is an athlete, motivational speaker, and bestselling author focusing on habit development, productivity, and wellbeing. His blog shares many of his experiences and behavioral hacks as well as inspiring stories of other successful individuals.
Must-Read Post: Deliberate Practice: What It Is and How to Use It
As its name suggests, this popular blog publishes practical hacks for solving virtually every problem students, professionals, business owners, and every-day people commonly encounter. Lifehack founder Leon Ho draws insight and tactics from his experience as an exceptional IT manager who successfully led hundreds of projects in his 20s. He formed the site in 2005, which has since grown into an online resource for millions of people around the world.
- Graphic Designer’s Road Map – Design 101
- Habits and Motivation: Master Both for Big Results
- The Best Ways to Save Money Even Impulsive Spenders Can Get Behind
It’s easy to confuse this site with the previous one. Besides having near-identical names and years in operation, both blogs offer practical solutions to modern life’s common problems. Perhaps one key difference is Lifehacker’s lighter and funnier take on things given its corporate affinity to The Onion and the fact that most of its editors live in the crazier parts of New York City.
- The Best Way to Reheat French Fries
- How to Get Out of Debt, With Personal Finance Expert Farnoosh Torabi
- How I Work: Interviews with famously productive people
17. Live Your Legend
The premise and aim of this site is to help you “change the world by doing work you love.” Sign up if you need to find clarity about your career or zero in on the purpose for your passions.
Both consummate achievers, Marc and Angel Chernoff are bestselling authors and professional coaches focusing on personal wellness, productivity, and fulfillment. This blog features their thoughts and conversations with other leading figures about success, relationships, happiness, and human potential.
- How to Change the Way You Feel (Without Changing Anything Else)
- The Life-Changing Magic of Doing One Thing at a Time
- 9 Things it’s Not Too Late to Start Doing for Yourself
19. Marie Forleo
Highly acclaimed life coach, author, and web television host Marie Forleo frequently graces top media outlets and draws applause from some of the world’s most influential personalities, including Oprah Winfrey and Sir Richard Branson. While this resource showcases Marie’s fascinating TV episodes, it also includes a blog where she posts her insightful commentaries.
- The Secret to Getting Paid: Knowing Your Worth and Overcoming Shame
- The #1 Thing We Get Wrong About Creativity with Chase Jarvis
20. Michael Hyatt
A former publishing executive, Michael S. Hyatt shares his expertise as a motivational speaker, podcaster, and bestselling author. Hyatt is known for his practical insights on leadership, business strategy, and success. This blog features his unique advice that can help you elevate your career, grow your business, and lead your teams towards sustained success.
Formed by a group of entrepreneurs, Optimal Daily Living (OLD) is a platform that curates some of the world’s best content on personal development, simple living, financial freedom, general wellness, and productivity. Think of OLD as the hub where all your favorite blogs and bloggers congregate. This awesome resource gathers and republishes the choicest posts from popular blogs and authors, including many in this list. Better yet, OLD creates an audio version of every post it selects.
- The One Habit That Keeps 99% Of People From Getting Rich by James Altucher
- How To Change Your Life In 30 Days by Benjamin Hardy
- My Favorite 3 Anti-Laziness Tactics (I Use These) by Ramit Sethi
- How to Achieve Your Goals By Creating an Enemy by Nir Eyal
22. Ross Training
This site features the tactics, training programs, and philosophies developed by athlete and boxing coach Ross Enamait. If you’re looking for tried-and-true advice on optimal nutrition, high performance conditioning, peak health, discipline, and overall wellness, then this site will help you realize your goals. Ross has a track record of more than 15 years in sports training, having helped many professional athletes win their game — including undefeated (15-0) champion boxer Katie Taylor who held unified world titles (IBF, WBO, WBC, WBA) in the lightweight division as well as the WBO junior welterweight title.
23. Success Magazine
SUCCESS Magazine has been around since 1897 and this online site represents its presence in cyberspace. As its name suggests, SUCCESS features inspiring stories of phenomenal accomplishments in business and other fields, as well as the remarkable strategies successful men and women adopt to achieve their dreams.
- Everything You Need to Know to Improve Your Life by Jim Rohn
- What Is Success? By Josh Ellis
- 3 Reasons to Pursue Personal Growth by John Maxwell
What should men aspire for in the 21st century? Curated by a husband-and-wife team, this site draws classic wisdom from historical figures such as Theodore Roosevelt, Benjamin Franklin, Sun Tzu, and Marcus Aurelius to reframe the idea of manliness to fit the digital age. From dating and grooming to parenting and wealth management, this treasure trove of practical advice helps men become better workers, fathers, husbands, and global citizens.
Gretchen Rubin is a bestselling author and motivational speaker focusing on the nature, philosophies, and science behind happiness. Having helped create the Joy Index, Gretchen explores the strong links between happiness, mindest, and personal habits. This blog features her transformative insights and simplified tactics that can help you attain personal and professional fulfillment.
26. The Muse
Primarily a job search and career development platform, The Muse also provides inspiring stories of successful professionals as well as tactical tips on how to build and advance your career. Based in New York City, this online resource has been helping professionals achieve their dreams since 2011.
- Your Ultimate Guide to Answering the Most Common Interview Questions
- Your Step-by-Step Guide to Making the Perfect Resume (With Examples!)
- 6 Awesome Perks and Benefits You Need to Know About Before Your Next Job Search
This platform gives voice to modern women who wish to share their unique perspectives on work, romance, family, health, and success. Created by journalist Molly Gunn, the site has an online store as well as a library of women-centric content focused on taking visitors to the next level of productivity, happiness, and fulfillment.
Often ranked as the top podcast on multiple platforms, the Tim Ferriss Show features Tim’s unique take on life and his conversations with many of the world’s preeminent achievers and thought leaders. Check out Tim’s site to discover surprising hacks to common problems and gain new insight about productivity, challenges, achievement, and success.
- The Tim Ferriss Show Transcripts: Discipline Equals Freedom — Jocko Willink (#275)
- Neil Gaiman — The Interview I've Waited 20 Years to Do (#366)
- The Tim Ferriss Show Transcripts: Daniel Pink (#305)
- The Tim Ferriss Show Transcripts: Arianna Huffington (#274)
- Edward Norton on The Tim Ferriss Show — Transcript
29. Thought Catalog
Formed in 2010, Thought Catalog serves as the digital hub for youth culture and millennial perspectives. The platform’s broad scope covers health, psychology, art, romance, literature, relationships, and self-improvement. There are many topics to choose from but don’t miss their reviews and heated discussions about books, films, music, and popular culture.
- A Lot Of Wishing I Knew What I Wanted
- The World Lied To You: Your Early 20s Are The Hardest Years Of Your Life
- All The Answers I Didn’t Have When You Asked Me To Tell You Something I’d Never Told Anyone
30. Thrive Global
Founded by author and entrepreneur Arianna Huffington, Thrive Global provides productivity, performance, and career solutions that leverage the latest advances in technology, science, and behavioral psychology. The company primarily aims to alleviate workplace burnout and stress using sustainable and data-driven approaches that lift worker performance and wellbeing.
- If You Think Your Time Is Money, Read This by Arianna Huffington
- Why Humble People Make Better Decisions by Drake Baer
- How Selective Attention Can Help Us Reach Our Goals by Angela Duckworth
- Compassion Is the Cure by Chris Rackcliffe
31. Zen Habits
When simplicity, clarity, and action meet, zen happens. Everything about this site — from its minimalist layout and resonant messaging — exudes the key elements of Zen. Founded by blogger Leo Babauta in 2007, Zen Habits offers practical insights about life and simple solutions to its challenges. The blog covers a broad range of topics including health, productivity, wealth management, nutrition, parenting, and self-improvement.
- How to Breathe
- All the Advice on Happiness You’ll Ever Need in One Post
- 18 Practical Tips for Living the Golden Rule
- Faith in Humanity: How to Bring People Closer, and Restore Kindness
So there you have it. A carefully selected list of the best productivity blogs that can help you overcome challenges, make the right choices, and inspire a positive change.
Have we missed any awesome blogs you think should be included in GoSkills’ list? Please comment below and tell us how it made a difference in your personal life, career, or business.
Don't forget to to also check out our other resources on podcasts, productivity tools, conferences, and GoSkills' award-winning online courses to take your productivity to the next level. You can learn Excel, project management, business writing, coding, design, public speaking, and more! Start your 7 day free trial today.
Want more productivity tips?
Take your productivity to the next level with our comprehensive (and free) ebook!