About this lesson
Managing Power Queries
An overview of updating a query.
When to use
When you need to update an existing query in the Power Query Editor.
The general process is:
- Display the Queries Pane in Excel
- Excel 2010/2013: Go to the Power Query tab --> Show Pane
- Excel 2016: Go to the Data tab --> Show Queries
- Excel Subscription: Go to the Data tab --> Queries & Connections
When the Query Editor opens
- Select the step to edit from the Applied Steps list on the right
- Click on the gear icon next to the selected step (if available)
- Update the query as needed and select OK
- Click the Close & Load button
Hints & tips
- When you create a Power Query, the file path is always hard-coded to the computer used to build the query
- You can create groups for organizing your queries in either Excel or in the Query Editor
- Drag and drop functionality is only available in the Query Editor
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.