Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
A review of the process used to develop and update modern business intelligence solutions in Excel.
There are no related exercise files for this lesson.
Overview of the BI Process
An overview of building a Business Intelligence solution.
When to use
This module helps explain what stages and tools go into building a dashboard, report or other data model.
The main stages of the BI process are:
- Get & Transform Data
- Relate Tables
- Scope & Develop Metrics
- Develop Visuals & Reports
- Publish, Explore & Share
This process is not linear – you may not go through the stages in a set order, and you may go forward and backward between them several times until your solution is built and shared.
Hints & tips
- This course only touches briefly on other parts of the BI system
- GoSkills has other courses that cover each of the other topic areas in depth including:
- Microsoft Excel – PivotTables
- Microsoft Excel – Power Pivot
- Microsoft Excel – Dashboards
- Power BI
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.