Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
Using and saving colors to the Swatches Panel.
When to use
Swatches are great if you ever want to save a set of custom colors or if you wanted to be able to share a color file with someone to ensure consistency.
- Begin by opening the 'Swatches - Exercise.ai' file.
- Create a shape on the canvas using any of the Shape Tools.
- Open the Swatches Panel on the right side of the Illustrator interface.
- Click on the hamburger menu at the top right of the Swatches Panel (the icon that looks like four lines stacked on top of each other).
- Go down to the bottom and choose 'Open Swatch Library' before selecting 'Other Library'
- Navigate to the GoSkills_Swatches_Library.ase file found in the exercise folder and load the custom library.
- Use the newly loaded swatches to change the fill and/or stroke color of your shape.
Hints & tips
- You can add colors to existing swatch libraries and save them as a new .ase file to continue to build upon existing libraries.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.