Using and saving colors to the Swatches Panel.
When to use
Swatches are great if you ever want to save a set of custom colors or if you wanted to be able to share a color file with someone to ensure consistency.
- Begin by opening the 'Swatches - Exercise.ai' file.
- Create a shape on the canvas using any of the Shape Tools.
- Open the Swatches Panel on the right side of the Illustrator interface.
- Click on the hamburger menu at the top right of the Swatches Panel (the icon that looks like four lines stacked on top of each other).
- Go down to the bottom and choose 'Open Swatch Library' before selecting 'Other Library'
- Navigate to the GoSkills_Swatches_Library.ase file found in the exercise folder and load the custom library.
- Use the newly loaded swatches to change the fill and/or stroke color of your shape.
Hints & tips
- You can add colors to existing swatch libraries and save them as a new .ase file to continue to build upon existing libraries.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.