Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
Type on a Path
How to add type to a path.
When to use
Anytime you want to make your type more interesting you can have it follow the shape of a path.
- Begin by opening the Type on a Path - Exercise.ai file
- Notice in the document that you have three paths created - a wavy line, a half circle, and a full circle.
- Grab your Text Tool (T) and click on the first path (the wavy line) and notice how your text follows the curve of the line.
- Next, click on the half circle and then click and hold on the Text Tool to reveal the Type on a Path Tool.
- Use this tool to click on the half circle as well as the full circle and notice how your text follows the shape accordingly.
- You can have your text follow just about any kind of shape or path in Illustrator by first creating the path, and then choosing one of the text tools and clicking on the path.
- All of the same options and keyboard shortcuts that we used to change the size, kerning, letterspacing and linespacing can be applied when modifying any text along a path.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.