About this lesson
This smart detection function allows you to input tasks with due dates, projects and priority levels. Perfect for adding tasks on the go!
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Task: Mastering Intelligent Input.docx
206.8 KB Solution: Mastering Intelligent Input.docx
Todoist offers a smart experience allowing you to add dates, projects, priority without the need for endless clicks. The smart detection will create and organise your task into the right place. This is one of the favourite features amongst Todoist power users.
When to use
- To capture and organize tasks with speed
- To help reduce the need for Todoist administration
- Open Todoist
- Select "Quick Add" or "Create a New Task"
- Start with adding the Task Title
- Add a due date using regular input
- The date should turn red/colored
- This is detected by the intelligent input function
- Add a project name using "#" in front of the name
- Finalise by using P3, P2 or P1 to rank the importance of your project
- Press "Save Task"
Hints & tips
- On the first few attempts, always check whether your task is in the right place
- Continue to learn how to use Intelligent Input, be patient
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.