Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
Using Todoist Search
Finding tasks and comments inside a jam-packed Todoist account is one of the favourites amongst super users.
Todoist provides a search function at the top of the page, a little like Facebook does.
This allows you to search any tasks, comments, labels and even due dates. Perfect for finding the right information and making changes fast.
When to use
- When searching for a Todoist task or relavant date
- Open Todoist
- Go to "Quick Find" at the top of the page
- Begin by searching "Next Thursday"
- Hit Enter
- You will now view all the tasks for the next Thursday
- From here you can add tasks
- You can search for specific dates too: Search "13 Oct" for the 13th of October
- You can search keywords too
- Tasks with the keyword should appear, comments will appear too
- Select the "Comments" section to find the highlighted keywords
- Search a label like @5mins
- See all the tasks associated with @5mins
- You can use the shorter due date terms too like "tomorrow"
- Use the exercise to match the search term with what should appear
Hints & tips
- Begin to apply Search as you build your account up
- Learn the short terms for due dates like "tom" for tomorrow to save time and effort
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.