Learn how to write the text for a basic business card.
When to use
When creating a business card for personal or company use in a marketing or administrative role.
Typical purposes of a business card:
- Company literature and mail
- Personal event attendance
- Meeting leave behind
- Distributed in lieu of in-person presence
Formatting and Content
- Follow basic business writing rules for letters, including tone and standard business letter formatting
- Fundamental purpose is easy reference to the business contact information
- Creative work is often a marketing & design function, but basic facts on a card are still effective
- Card should be uniquely identified with your brand – logo will do it too
- The name of card holder, title if appropriate, and primary and secondary form of contact should all be on the business card – and most likely, a website
- Compare cards of competitors, customers and stakeholders to get a sense of what style works for them as you put your card together
PROOFREAD and SPELLCHECK!
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.