Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
How do you go from a blank spreadsheet to a dashboard?
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Getting Started.xlsx
How to get started on a dashboard project.
When to use
Tips for getting from a blank page to a functioning dashboard.
- Meet with your audience
- Work out the key metrics that drive their business
- Eliminate items that are not in scope such as year to date on a daily dashboard
- Focus on restricting the size of the dashboard to a single page
- Draw a wire frame as a guide to build to
- Review with your audience
- Collect the data
- Build out the dashboard
Hints & tips
- If your audience doesn’t know what they need, add some visuals you think will help
- Always be willing to change the design later if you missed the mark
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.