Focus video player for keyboard shortcuts
We hope you enjoyed this lesson.
Cool lesson, huh? Share it with your friends
About this lesson
A brief discussion about the differences between macros and VBA, and how this course covers both.
There are no related exercise files for this lesson.
Macros vs VBA - What's the Difference?
What is the difference between Macros and VBA?
When to use
Terms clarification for users new to programming in Excel.
- A command launched from a single entry point
- Allows replaying a set of actions typically recorded via the user interface
- The programming language used to write macros
- Programming in this language allows us to do things that can’t be recorded
Why VBA is important
- Easiest way to learn to program in any language
- Allows you to learn syntax by watching live as you record
- Allows you to automate other applications
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.