Running Macros: Using Buttons
Adding a button to a worksheet in order to launch a macro.
When to use
To allow a user to run a macro by the click of a button right on the worksheet.
Inserting a Button
- Go to the Developer tab --> Insert --> Button icon (blank rectangle).
- In worksheet, left click and drag to draw a rectangle.
- When you let go of the left click, the Assign Macro dialog opens
- Select the macro to use and click OK.
- Right click the button and select Edit Text.
- Simple formatting options are also available in Format Control.
Hints & tips
- Change the label on your button to something more descriptive
- This will help engage the user to click it
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.