Premium video tutorials
Learn at your own pace
Mobile (learn on-the-go)
Unlimited tests and quizzes
Regularly updated content
PHP is one of the most popular server-side languages, and plays a huge role in web development. This introductory course can help you learn to use PHP to produce your own dynamic, interactive websites.
Designed for beginners, no prior experience or special skills are required to take this course. You will learn the basics of PHP for web development through hands-on application and examples every step of the way. By the end of the course, you will have built a fully functional math flashcard app and templated out a website to demonstrate your practical knowledge.
- 39 practical tutorials.
- Understand the fundamentals of how PHP works and the client/server relationship.
- How to set up your development environment.
- Back up your code and set up version control with Github.
- Learn the different data types for PHP, including string, integer, float, and boolean.
- How to use arithmetic, assignment, comparison, increment, logic and string operators.
- Use if/else/elseif statements to test against conditions.
- Understand basic arrays and how to sort arrays the quick and easy way.
- How to process HTML Forms with GET vs POST.
- Create and issue cookies to your website visitors.
- Pass information between pages with Sessions.
- Put together everything you've learned by building a math flashcard app and templating out a website.
Once enrolled, our friendly support team and tutors are here to help with any course related inquiries.
Introduction - Setting Up a Development Environment Free Lesson
How Does PHP Work?
Setting up a Local Development Environment with XAMPP
How to code PHP on your local computer.
Sublime Text Editor Development Tool
Download and install Sublime Text, and create your development environment.
Version Control with Git
Setting up Version Control in our cloud development environment.
Using Github.com to Backup our Code
How to backup your code and version control with Github.com
Using Heroku for Production
Set up a free Heroku.com account to push production code.
PHP Programming Basics Free Lesson
How to use the While loop.
How to use For Loops.
Let's Build FizzBuzz!
Random Numbers and Dates
Similar to "Include", but used for a slightly different reason.
Form Handling - GET vs POST
Building a Math Flashcard App
Flashcard App Introduction and Setup
Creating the Index Page and Form
Let's create the main skeleton of our Flashcard App.
Making the Form Work
Let's build out the form to make it work.
Right and Wrong Logic
Let's write some code to determine if the answer is right or wrong.
Build out the Other Math Pages
Addition works, now let's build pages for Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division.
Templating Out a Website
Understanding the Templating Concept
Understanding how Wordpress uses Templates and how we can do the same thing.
Templating Links and Headers
Let's build out a template for our Header and links.
Templating with Require
How to use Require to template things.
Let's do a few odds and ends to finish up.