About this lesson
Those little grey flags beside your email list actually have a useful purpose. Click the Flags as a reminder to get back to certain emails first, and apply a Category color to keep track of similar subjects.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Follow up Flags and Categories
Follow-up Flags and Categories
Stay visually organized with color cues in your inbox.
When to use
Click the Flags as a reminder to get back to certain emails first, and apply a Category color to keep track of similar subjects.
- Flags: Along the right side of the Inbox is a set of gray flags. Click a flag to turn it red:
- When finished with the item, click the Flag again to place a check mark “finished” icon, or right-click the flag and select Mark Complete.
- Note: After 24 hours, a flagged email will appear with red text in your inbox:
- Categories: Also along the right side of the Inbox, Categories apply a small dab of color to visually prioritize your similar topics:
- To rename or choose from the 25 available colors.
Note: This list will be the same in your Calendar and Contacts.
- Right-click a Category (or select the Categorize button on the Home ribbon) and choose All Categories.
- Choose a Category, click Rename and label it, then choose a new color:
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.