About this lesson
Those little grey flags beside your email list actually have a useful purpose. Click the Flags as a reminder to get back to certain emails first, and apply a Category color to keep track of similar subjects.
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Follow up Flags.docx
Follow Up Flags and Categories
Stay visually organized with color cues in your Inbox.
When to use
Click the Flags as a reminder to get back to certain emails first, and apply a Category color to keep track of similar subjects.
- FLAGS: Along the right side of the Inbox is a set of grey flags. Click a flag to turn it Red:
- When finished with the item, click the FLAG again to place a check mark “finished” icon, or Right click the flag and select “Mark Complete”.
- Note: After 24 hours, a Flagged email will appear with red text in your inbox:
- CATEGORIES: Also along the right side of the Inbox, Categories apply a small dab of color to visually prioritize your similar topics:
- To rename or choose from the 25 available colors:
Note: This list will be the same in your Calendar and Contacts.
- Right click a Category (or select the Categorize button on the HOME ribbon) and choose “All Categories”.
- Choose a Category, click ‘Rename” and label it, then choose a new color:
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.