Search the Calendar
How to search and find a certain appointment or date quickly.
When to use
Through the course of using the Outlook Calendar, you will have times when a fast search for a certain item is necessary. This lesson shows you how to do it.
Quickly skip ahead or back to other months
- On the Navigation pane calendar, click and hold the month name.
- A span of prior and future months will appear, just click the one you want. You may have to select a month and then repeat this process to get to the right one.
Go to a specific date
- Right-click the calendar and choose “Go To Date” (or Press Ctrl + G.)
- Choose your date and click OK.
Search calendar for words or categories
- By far the most efficient tool is the Search Calendar box (or press Ctrl + E.)
- Type any word or category name into the Search box and the results will display as a spreadsheet list.
- Another example is this.
- To clear or close the Search box, click the X on the right side.
- On the Search toolbar, click the Categorized button, select "Any category".
- Notice the search box contains: NOT category:=
- Backspace over the last "]" (bracket) to view all categories.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.