About this lesson
Previously known as Distribution lists, a Contact Group is one contact record that contains multiple people.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Contact Groups aka Distribution Lists.docx
Contact Groups aka Distribution Lists
A Contact Group is one contact record that contains multiple people.
When to use
If you find yourself redundantly adding the same people to an email, create a Contact Group once and for all. Then just add that group to the email; it saves time and frustration.
- Open your contacts view by clicking the People button.
- Click New Contact Group.
- Name the Group and click “Add Members”.
- Select and double-click the names to be added to the group.
- If you need to remove someone, open the group and select Remove Member.
- If a member’s individual contact info has changed, you must go back into the group file and click Update Now. The groups do not auto-update.
- When the new group contact is created, right-click it for options to use it, i.e. create an email or meeting.
- When using a group contact in an email, the To: line displays like this.
- Click the plus sign “+” beside; it will open up the names to be viewable by all who receive the email.
- To delete a contact group:
- Click the Contact Group card and press delete, OR
- Open the Contact Group card and click Delete Group.
- In a new email, click the To: line and notice the icon beside the Contact Group compared to the individual Contact files.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.