Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Search Contacts and People Pane.docx
Search Contacts and People Pane
Learn how to find a contact and use the People Pane to find all related activities.
When to use
If you find yourself digging through folders looking for an attachment from a certain person, turn on the People Pane, click on that person’s contact file (or an email from them), and all of the meetings, attachments, and emails they have ever sent you will appear.
People Pane to find activities with a contact
- Click on the email Inbox view.
- Click the View ribbon.
- Click the People Pane button and select Normal.
- Observe the results while clicked onto an email, then go to the People or Contacts view.
- While the People Pane is still on, double-click to open a contact.
- Observe the bottom of the contact window.
- When on your contact screen, above the contacts list is a Search Box.
- Type a portion of a name into the box and Outlook will search for and deliver the closest match.
- To clear the search, simply click the X in the search box.
- When on your contact screen, above the contacts is a Search People Box.
- Type a portion of a name into the box and Outlook will search for the closest match.
- The new window will have options to email, schedule a meeting, edit the info, link multiple cards as one.
- It also has a pin feature to stick this contact card to your task bar (in case you reference it frequently and need it to be handy.)
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.