Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
Task To-Do Bar
Viewing tasks in other Outlook windows is easily customizable with a few setting changes.
When to use
Viewing tasks alongside email and calendar can be customized to best fit your own preferences. Follow these setup ideas and pick the one that works best for you.
View task To-Do Bar
- In the Email view, choose View Ribbon, click To-Do Bar and click Tasks.
- A faster alternative is at the bottom of the Folder pane using the “Peek pane”.
- Float mouse over the Task button, the Peek pane appears.
- Click upper right corner: “Dock the peek”.
- In the Calendar view: Viewing the Task pane to the right of the calendar will squish your Calendar view. Instead, you can view the tasks at the bottom border of the calendar:
- Click on Calendar, click View, click “Daily Task List".
- Choose Normal.
- And the tasks show under the calendar.
Sort the To-Do pane
- By clicking Arrange By: at the top of the To-Do pane, choose a Sort option.
- By clicking Arrange By: Folder, it will separate tasks from inbox (flagged emails.)
- Remove the Grouping feature by unchecking Show in Groups.
- Collapse the Message group to hide emails and just view tasks.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.