Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Instead of starting from scratch, discover the pre-made templates that are available and easily customized.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s exercise file.File Ribbon - New.docx
File Ribbon – New
Easily find pre-designed templates in MS Publisher.
When to use
Rather than designing your own publications from scratch, let MS Publisher help you with the catalogue of pre-designed templates. This is a time-saving feature that you have access to free-of-charge and with no copyright infringement (because you paid for the MS Publisher program on your computer.)
- Click the File ribbon, then click New.
- The Search box appears at the top of the screen.
- In the Search box, type the topic to find: “brochure” or “newsletter".
- Notice all instances of that topic are displayed.
- To open a template, double click it.
- To pin it to the top for future use, click the tiny push pin on the corner of the thumbnail image.
- Edit the document as necessary, save and print.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.