Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Size pictures precisely to your own measurements, layer the pictures and control the overlap, and group pictures so they move as one object.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Pictures - Size, Layers, Group.docx
Pictures - Size, Layers, Group
Size pictures precisely to your own measurements; Layer the pictures and control the overlap; and Group pictures so they move as one object.
When to use
Pictures are incredibly versatile and you will use the size, layer, and group features almost every time a picture is on your publication.
- Begin by opening a Blank publication.
- Click the Insert Ribbon, and click Pictures,
- Choose any 3 pictures in your files, or use the accompanying pictures with this video lesson.
- Notice the pictures drop alongside the publication into the “Scratch Area”.
Ultimately, Picture Placement is your control. If no Picture Placeholder is used, Publisher inserts to the Scratch Area.
- Move the pictures individually or as one unit onto the publication page. Arrange them horizontally or diagonally to each other.
- Resize the pictures individually or as one unit to be 2” in height.
(Use CTRL Click to select all 3), click the Picture Tools Ribbon, type “2” into the height box.
- Layer the pictures to overlap one another. Then use the Bring Forward, Send Backward buttons to practice the layering.
- Group the pictures to protect the placement as they are moved in the publication.
- “Ctrl + Scroll” to zoom in is faster than pointing to the bottom right zoom controls. Zoom in or out quickly by holding down CTRL and scroll with your mouse wheel.
- To un-do anything, simply press “Ctrl + Z”, or click the un-do button on the Quick Access bar:
- “Ctrl Click” each picture to select multiple pics to format simultaneously
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.