Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
Pictures - Styles, Frames, Captions
Change the picture style, shape and frame (border), also add captions.
When to use
Picture shapes and frames are called “Effects” and can be applied to add interest or draw attention to a theme. Captions simply identify pictures with an attached text box.
- Begin by opening the corresponding Exercise File with this lesson, or to go File, New and find the “Business Newsletter” called Trader News.
- Picture Styles will change the shape of the picture and frame style. A gallery of preformatted styles is available, with an option to Clear Picture Style at the bottom.
- Styles can be created manually by using the additional tools beside the style gallery.
- Captions are valuable when you are creating a publication and identying the picture participants or image is necessary.
- Practice using each of the options pictured above on the Adjust tools list.
- “Ctrl + Scroll” to zoom in is faster than pointing to the bottom right zoom controls. Zoom in or out quickly by holding down CTRL and scroll with your mouse wheel.
- To un-do anything, simply press “Ctrl + Z”, or click the un-do button on the Quick Access bar:
- “Ctrl + A” to select all pictures, text, and other elements on a publication.
- Click and Drag a lasso around the pictures to select them all
- “Ctrl Click” each picture to select multiple pics to align simultaneously
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.