About this lesson
Shapes add interest to a publication by adding text and color.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Shapes.docx
Insert a shape and review the Drawing Tools available on the new ribbon.
When to use
There are many creative options available for shapes. Use these features often.
- Click the Insert Ribbon.
- Click the Shapes button.
- Click the Oval shape and click into the blank publication and a perfect circle appears:
- For an Oval, click and drag the Oval shape onto your page.
- Notice the Drawing Tools Ribbon at the top of the screen.
- By practicing with the tools available, you can change the shape dramatically.
- Fill Color.
- To alter the shape, use the Top circle handle to tip or tilt the shape.
- Resize a shape with the corner handle, or press Ctrl and resize will expand all sides at once.
- Arrange the layers of stacked shapes with the Bring Forward or Send Backward buttons.
To quickly zoom into your shape, hold Ctrl and scroll the mouse wheel up or down. Or use the Zoom control in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Use the Format Painter button on the Home Ribbon (or on your Quick Access Bar) to duplicate the format from one object onto another.Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.