About this lesson
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Selection Tool and Format Pane - Exercise.docx
2.4 MB Selection Tool and Format Pane - Exercise Solution.docx
Selection Tool and Format Pane
The Selection Tool gives you control over objects and pictures, and the Format Pane gives you many more options for working with pictures.
When to use
Open the Selection pane in order to control objects by hiding, showing, or layering.
Select All Text with Similar Formatting
- Click into any text in the document
- Choose “Select” in the Editing group (shown above)
- Click “Select Text with similar Formatting”
- No matter how long the document is, it will select only the matching formats and allow you to change formatting all at the same time.
- At the bottom of the pane, click the “Distinguish Style Source” so that you can match the format to the corresponding style in the Styles Gallery.
Activate the Selection Pane
- Hide/Unhide objects (shapes) by clicking the hide button to the right of the shape name. Note: A picture is not an object, it is a picture and therefore cannot be hidden.
- Change the name of the shape by clicking it in the list and retyping a name.
- Ctrl + click to select multiple shapes in order to move them around simultaneously.
View the Format Picture Pane
- Right-click a picture and choose "Format Picture..."
- Float your mouse on the top options and read the tooltips
- Explore the options on the lists and become familiar with picture formatting tools.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.