Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Learn tips for label margins and email merges.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download the ‘before’ and ‘after’ Word documents from the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Mail Merge Tips from Experience.docx
14.1 KB Mail Merge Tips from Experience - Solution.docx
Mail Merge Tips from Experience
Label margins and Email merges have pesky issues that are easily solved with just a few clicks. Learn tips for label margins and email merges.
When to use
If you use labels, you need to know how and why to fix the margins.
If you use Email merges often, there is a more efficient process that will save time and frustration.
To fix the margins on a label document,
- Double Click the left ruler
(or go to Page Layout ribbon, Margins, Custom Margins)
- Adjust the margin from .19 to .25
- Click IGNORE on the error message
- Happily print your labels knowing the text will stay inside the label cut line.
If you use Email merges and the problem shown in the video lesson “Mail Merge to Emails” is more than you want to handle, there is an easier method.
- Start with Outlook.
- Click Contacts, and select the folder with the contacts to use in the Email Merge
- On the HOME ribbon, click Mail Merge
- Merge to: E-mail
- Enter a Subject line and click OK
- MS Word will open in the background with no conflict of trying to share a Contact database.
- Type your email message
- Click Finish & Merge, “Send Email Messages”
- Click OK and the emails will immediately send out without having to close one program and re-open the other.
This is more efficient, less frustrating, and who wants to figure out how to work around programming issues? Not us!Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.