Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Determining the Field Well options you’d like to use to view your Pivot Table data.
Download the Excel workbook used in the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Field Well Options.xlsx
Pivot Table Field Well Options.
Where/when to use the technique
Determining the Field Well options you’d like to use to view your PivotTable data.
PivotTable Field Well/List Options
Hiding/showing the field list
- Click the x in the top right of the Field List to dismiss it
- To restore it, either
- Right click the Pivot Table > Show Field List
- Excel 2010: PivotTable Tools > Options > Field List
- Excel 2013: PivotTable Tools > Analyze > Field List
Changing Field Well/List Views
- Click the icon next to the “Choose fields to add to report” line in the field well header
Fields Sections and Areas Section stacked
- Default option
- Fields listed on top
- PivotTable field areas listed in 2x2 grid underneath
Fields Sections and Areas Section side by side
- Fields listed on left side
- Areas sections listed in 1x4 grid on right side
Fields Sections only
- Only shows the fields list (not the areas section)
Areas Sections only (2 by 2)
- Only shows the areas section, stacked in a 2 by 2 grid
Areas Sections only (1 by 4)
- Only shows the 4 areas sections, stacked vertically
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.