Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Determining the Field Well options you’d like to use to view your PivotTable data.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download the Excel workbook used in the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Field Well Options.xlsx
Field Well Options
PivotTable Field Well Options for set-up.
Where/when to use the technique
When setting up any PivotTable.
Hiding/showing the field list
- Click outside the PivotTable (field list goes away)
- Click inside the PivotTable (field list comes back)
- Click the x in the top right of the Field List to dismiss it
- To restore it, either
- Right-click the PivotTable > Show Field List
- Excel 2010: PivotTable Tools > Options > Field List
- Excel 2013+: PivotTable Tools > Analyze > Field List
Changing Field Well/List Views
- Click the icon next to the “Choose fields to add to report” line in the field well header
Fields Sections and Areas Section stacked
- Default option
- Fields listed on top
- PivotTable field areas listed in 2x2 grid underneath
Fields Sections and Areas Section side by side
- Fields listed on left side
- Areas sections listed in 1x4 grid on right side
Fields Sections only
- Only shows the fields list (not the areas section)
Areas Sections only (2 by 2)
- Only shows the areas section, stacked in a 2 by 2 grid
Areas Sections only (1 by 4)
- Only shows the 4 areas sections, stacked vertically
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.