About this lesson
Filtering multiple Pivot Tables at once with Slicers.
Download the ‘before’ and ‘after’ Excel workbooks from the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Filtering Multiple PivotTables .xlsx
207.9 KB Filtering Multiple PivotTables - Completed.xlsx
Filtering multiple PivotTables at once with Slicers.
Where/when to use the technique
When you want to control multiple pivot tables and keep their filters in sync.
- Until slicers were added, it required VBA macros to link report filters for multiple pivot tables
Naming your PivotTables
- Select a cell in your PivotTable
- Go to:
- Excel 2013: PivotTable Tools > Analyze
- Excel 2013: PivotTable Tools > Options
- Change the name in the top left corner of the ribbon tab
Setting Filter Connections
- Select a slicer
- Go to Slicer Tools > Report Connections
- Select the name(s) of the PivotTable(s) you wish to connect it to
- Repeat for others slicers
Using Multiple Slicers
- Assuming you have the following setup:
- Sheet1: PivotTable-One
- Sheet2: PivotTable-Two
- Sheet1: Slicer-One (linked to both PivotTables)
- You can create a slicer on Sheet2 that is linked to both
- Be aware that it is very difficult to remove cross connected filters!
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.